Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tattoos

Hey, guys!

Another one of my lists today. And since I will be getting a tattoo soon, I thought it would be cool to make a list of the tattoos I would like to get, even though I'm only getting one. But what's the harm in listing my favorites? :)

The way this list is going to go is I will list the tattoos in increasing order of favor, meaning that the first one I list would be the last one I want to get, and the last one listed will be the one I plan on getting.

So here we go:

3) A bird.

Honestly, even though a tattoo of a bird would be really cool, it's just so overdone. But if I did decide to get a bird tattoo, it would be a small silhouette of a bird. But hummingbirds are cool too.

2) The infinity symbol.

This tattoo was a runner-up for the one I was planning to get. Alas, it didn't make the cut. But there's so much you could do with a tattoo like this: two hearts, quotes, a name inside. So many options.

I could have had "I love you to the moon and back" written along the lines. I could have had a quote from The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (don't worry, I'll write a review for that). But anyway, I decided not to get that tattoo.

And the winner is (drum roll, please) . . .

1) A small blue rose.

I don't know if this tattoo is as overdone as a bird tattoo, but it fits for me and I like it. Because when you think about it, the rose is a perfect symbol of life: sweet like the scent of a rose, but also painful like a thorn. And since my ink will be a memorial tattoo, it works perfectly.

Why blue? First of all, it's a memorial for a guy. Second of all, blue is my favorite color.

I know that this was a short list, but I'm pretty picky when thinking about tattoos. Bottom line, I couldn't think of five. I really could only think of three.

Hope you enjoyed the list anyway. If any of you have some ink that you would like to share about or if you have your own list of tattoos you would get and want to share it, post your list in the comments. I would love to read it.

Until next time, guys.

Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment