Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Disney Princes

Hey, guys!

If you recall, the last list I made was about my favorite Disney princesses and heroines. Well, how can I make that list without making one about my favorite Disney heroes?

So, here we go. Because let's admit it, girls, we all had a crush on a Disney hero at some point or another.


1) Eugene Fitzherbert (Tangled)

Thief, cheat, liar . . . and pretty damn handsome, if you ask me. It must be the smolder.

Anyway, although Eugene had a sketchy past as Flynn Ryder, he changed because of his love for Rapunzel. And besides, doesn't everyone deserve a second chance? Or should I say a new dream? I think so.

Plus, who didn't want to cry when he sacrificed himself for Rapunzel? Am I right?

2) Kristoff (Frozen)

The song "Fixer Upper" says it all. He's flawed (and smelly) and he knows it and openly admits it. But he's got a heart of gold, otherwise he wouldn't have helped Anna find her sister or get back to Arendelle. Come on, we all knew that it wasn't for his ice business.

Because we all know that Kristoff has got to be one of the most selfless Disney heroes ever. If there was ever an inkling that Anna was in trouble, he was there to help. Also, did anyone else notice that when they were being chased by wolves, he put Anna's life before his own? Because I did.

3) The Beast, a.k.a. Prince Adam (Beauty and the Beast)

Of course the Beast is going to be on this list. Weren't you guys listening when I said that this was my favorite Disney movie of all time as a kid? The best characters are flawed, because no one is perfect. What counts is that they try to conquer their flaws for the people they love.

In the Beast's case, that was by controlling his temper so that he wouldn't upset Belle. I can relate. I was no stranger to temper tantrums when I was a little kid. But my brother started it. (Just kidding. Love you, little bro.) And again, the sacrifice he made for the one he loves. I'm just a sucker for that, as you will see in the other examples.

4) Naveen (The Princess and the Frog)

What a smug jerk in the beginning. But, like Eugene, he changed for his princess. I never was a big fan of the love at first sight stories. Love is gradual. Love is about knowing someone almost as well as you know yourself. But that's just my opinion.

Again, he becomes pretty selfless, willing to work as many jobs as he can to help Tiana get her restaurant. No more partying for him.

5) Hercules (Hercules)

Another selfless hero. Sure, at first he wants to be a hero so that he can become a god and go back home to Olympus, but his priorities change, in much the same way they do as with the other Disney heroes. He falls for Meg (and he's such a sweetheart!) and decides that his place is with her.

Not only did he risk his life to bring her back from Hades's domain, but he gave up his status as a god so that he could stay on Earth with her. Talk about love!

6) Tarzan (Tarzan)

What an interesting character is Tarzan. And talk about quite the conflict. Trying to understand who is more his family: the gorillas who raised him or his own kind. And even though he is quite handy with a spear, he still strikes me as such a gentle spirit.

In this case, it's pretty much Jane and her father who give up civilization for Tarzan, but still, love is love.

7) Aladdin (Aladdin)

Another thief, but kindhearted. Not trying to get rich from his spoils, but instead, just a poor boy trying to survive the streets of Agrabah. And when it gets right down to it, he learns that being himself is the best bet when trying to impress a princess. Girls like honesty. Actually, I'm pretty sure everybody does. For the most part.

Plus, who doesn't like a guy who can make you laugh?

8) Kovu (The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride)

Okay, I know Kovu is an animal, but I still say he counts as a Disney hero. Even if he started out as an antagonist. But that was just bad parenting.

Kovu is another character who changes because he is in love. And I always thought that it was better when someone changes for a loved one without trying. It just happens because it was the love that changed them. Okay, I'm getting a little mushy, but we're at the end of the list now.


Now, be my guest and list off your favorite Disney heroes. I would love to read about your guys' favorites. Check in later for more posts.

Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment