Search This Blog

Friday, March 21, 2014

A promise is a promise, so here's a little James Dashner

Hey, guys!
Okay, so the last book I read for fun was (I am ashamed to say) back during Winter Break. I know it's sad, but school. So, that book just happens to be The Eye of Minds by James Dashner.
Let me just say that I adore James Dashner. He's a great writer but also a great story-teller since the point of each chapter is to build suspense. All of his books force me to stay up late reading just one more chapter . . . and then another . . . and another . . . just one more. Not only are Dashner's plots compelling but there are cliffhangers and plot twists like you wouldn't believe. If you haven't read any of Dashner, I highly recommend it, especially if you're into sci-fi stories.
Now, for this book in particular, I would definitely recommend it for anybody who is tech savvy, anyone who likes sci-fi, and especially for all you gamers out there. This book takes place later in the century and is all about online gaming. Seriously, the most common past-time in this story is for everybody to climb into coffin-like machines and spend nearly all day in a virtual reality online gaming world.
The main character, Michael, is enlisted by an online security organization to go after the Internet terrorist who calls himself Kane. The problem is that nobody except his victims have ever seen Kane and hardly anybody knows where to find him. Along with some help from his hacker friends, Michael must hunt down Kane and put a stop to him. And if any of you have ever read James Dashner before, you know that there is going to be an ending that will totally blow your mind. But no spoilers. Read it for yourself :)
This book is going to be part of a series, so when the next book comes out, I will definitely be reading it and I will most likely post a review here.
James Dashner is also the author of the Maze Runner series and the 13th Reality series. I've read all of the Maze Runner books, so if you'd like to read a review on any of those books or on the series in general, leave a comment and I'd be happy to write one. I haven't read the 13th Reality series, but if you'd like me to write a review for those, leave a comment and I'll be happy to read them when I get some free time.
If there's anything you'd like me to write a review for, leave a comment and I'll see what I can do.
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment