Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2014

Writing Exercise: First Sentences

Hey, guys!

You know the drill.

1) The leaves that had already fallen crunched underfoot on a day that I really wanted to be quiet.

2) I told myself that I would raise my standards this year, but not much has changed so far.

3) The dog didn't look rabid.

4) A group of geese is a flock; a group of crows is a murder.

5) I haven't eaten vanilla ice cream since I was two.

6) I'm not the same person I was a year ago.

7) I remember the last time I saw a mirror.

8) The pen shook in my hand, making ink blots on the page before me.

9) Mom always said that pepper spray is a girl's best friend.

10) I never before comprehended the complexity of the life of a pet fish.

Enjoy!

Happy writing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment