Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2014

Hallow's Eve

Hey, guys!

Today is Halloween and, although I cannot give you a book review today, I thought I would at least tell you about my costume.

This year I am dressing as Red Riding Hood.

I'm sure you're all familiar with the story: little girl in a red hood goes to her sickly grandmother's house to bring her goodies in a basket.

A wolf stops the little girl along the way and leads her to the scenic route to granny's. Meanwhile, the wolf finds granny, eats her up, and dresses like her to fool Red. Little girl finds granny in bed with unusually large ears, eyes, and teeth and is also eaten up. Out of the blue, a woodcutter finds the wolf, chops him open, and saves Little Red Riding Hood and her granny.

Everyone lives happily ever after, except for the wolf.

Since I am taking a children's literature course next semester, I'll be the first to say that this is a rather gruesome story that gave me the creeps as a little kid (that and "The Boy Who Cried Wolf").

So I figure what better costume for Halloween than a character from a terrifying kid's story?

My costume is mostly my normal clothes: leggings, boots, shorts, and tank top. New additions include fishnet fingerless gloves, mascara, a wolf necklace, and a red hooded cape.

Pretty cool, huh? If you like, all you trick-or-treaters can post in the comment section about what your Halloween costume is and why you chose it. Next week, you guys shall get two book reviews as promised. Until next time.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment