Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Quick Update

Hey guys!

Even though I don't really have a review for you today, I'd like to inform you guys of some bad news. Okay, here it is: I found out that I can only renew my library books once.

I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but the thing is that the rest of my library books (The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater and The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath) are due in two days. Obviously that means that I won't be able to finish those two books in time for their due date and I won't be able to write reviews for them any time soon since I would have to wait 24 hours after returning them to borrow them again. It seems like a simple solution, but you don't understand. I would have to return the books my boyfriend took out using my card.

That means that we're probably going to have another library date sometime soon. I mean, if we have to bring some books back, we might as well take a look around. Which will of course lead to us borrowing more books. But this time I'm limiting us to a maximum of three books each. I've learned my lesson about taking out too many books at once. It won't be easy but I will be unwavering in that condition.

So don't worry. I've only gotten a few chapters into Stiefvater's book, but it was enough to get me hooked. And I've heard some good things about Sylvia Plath, so I will be checking them out again in the future.

In the meantime, I still have my library card, I have my Kindle, and I have books I haven't even touched yet. I also have a bunch of books I have already read and could write reviews for while I'm reading. I'm sorry for promising to read those two specific books and having to delay them, but the nice library lady said I can only renew books once and I don't want to pay any overdue fines. I may not get to those books soon, but I promise, I will read and review them at some point.

In the meantime, keep reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment